Friday, August 23, 2013

So, what to do with this blog??

I decided to start this blog as a place I can just say whatever I want. I may review anime I've watched, manga or novels I've read, games I've played. I'll likely just say whatever happened each day and thing about myself that I don't share with the people who know me IRL. I'll start this blog off with an introduction. My online name is さくら花火(sakurahanabi). I'm a 20-something year old living in the USA. I prefer women to men though I've only dated guys. And it's a fact I don't openly advertise. I don't go out of my way to hide it, but I definitely don't shout it from the rooftops either. I do outspokenly support equality for all people regardless or sexual orientation or identity, religion, race, ethnicity, etc. Another ting that's always obvious about me is my love of anime, manga, and games. I also just like Japan in general. I was a Japanese language major in college. I continue my language studies every day, though I'm not currently in school. I have an obsession with yaoi. Which may be odd considering I personally like girls more than guys, but eh, oh well. I don't mind yuri. I just got done reading the most adorable manga called Husky and Medley, based on the true story of a girl who posted for advice on 2ch about finding the weak-point of a girl in her class that she had a crush on.  One of my favorite series is Strawberry Panic, with my favorite character being Kagome. かわいい!!!籠女がさきだ。Yes, I really like that character.

Moving on to something totally different. For some reason today I've had the song Vanilla Salt, an ending theme of Toradora!, stuck in my head. I was constantly singing and humming it.

Going back to the yaoi tangent: I've been playing the game Gakuen Heaven for a while now, but have only gone through all of Takuto's endings. I really like his endings, but I feel the outcome of his relationship with Keita feels  bit ambiguous. Even to the VERY end Keita referred to him by "Iwai-san" which really bugs me. After they've gotten that close and even had sex, you'd think Keita could start calling him by his given name. He continues to call Kazuki by first name, no honorific, along with some other characters too if I remember right, but he can't refer to his (boyfriend?) by first name. At least Takuto called Keita by his first name. I really loved that scene too, when he asks if it's ok. I was like "kyaaaa!!! ADORABLE!!!!" the entire time. The next route I was planning to follow was Hide's. But I might switch to Umino-sensei to get him out of the way. Though my LEAST favorite is Mr. Tennis dude. He's too in my face. And overly familiar. Anyway, I had gone through this game as a young teen for the CG art collection, but I couldn't read Japanese back then, so I didn't understand everything going on. I had watched the anime prior though, so I knew the general idea even then. I've seen the anime at least 4 or 5 times already. Same with Sukisyo. I have the first 2 games for sukisyo, but they're a bit more difficult than gakuen heaven because of all the complicated ideas and psychology. Used to have all 4 until first: I deleted the iso for the 3rd game on accident. Then my laptop with the 4th game iso was stolen. OOPS. Hard to find those games anymore. Glad I kept the first two on discs.

Well, Time to wrap this up for now. I've rambled a bit much. じゃまた、みんあさん!楽しかった

No comments:

Post a Comment